The Base Detachment Area Housing Manager provides assistance to those military personnel and their family members that are seeking housing for the entire 22 state Area Of Responsibility (AOR).
Area Housing Officer
CWO2 Jeff Meyer
Consultation by appointments are preferred!
Hours of Operation: 0700 -1530 Monday to Friday
(Closed on Weekends and Federal Holidays)
The following services are provided by the Housing Office.
FAMILY HOUSING OPTIONS
There is no Coast Guard owned housing available in the Bi-State area, however, there is DoD Privatized Housing available at Scott AFB thru Hunt Housing Office at (618) 746-4911. Email: email@example.com
In addition to the aforementioned, there are some Coast Guard personnel station in the Saint Louis area that draw Basic Allowance for Housing (BAH) and choose to live on the economy.
Coast Guard Leased Housing is available for eligible personnel E-6 and below. Please contact the local housing office to determine eligibility. All single members assigned afloat E-4 and below are eligible for leased housing if berthing is not available in government owned unaccompanied personnel housing.
DoD Privatized Housing is military housing that is owned/managed by private contractors. If you choose these quarters, you will continue to receive BAH in your paycheck, sign a lease and pay the contractor by allotment. The contractor will charge each member the exact amount of their BAH entitlement for monthly rent and utilities. There may be other factors, restrictions, and waiting list independent to each contractor, so you must contact them directly for all information and applications.
Note: Privatized military housing is considered "living on the economy" and therefore is not a mandatory assignment to quarters.
The following websites are provided as a means of assisting incoming personnel with locating future residence. We know that the internet is without a significant amount of information, especially for those that are unfamiliar with the Bi-State area. If you locate something of interest, please feel free to contact the Base Detachment Housing Officer/Manager to assist with any questions, especially those related to safety, complex/difficult property managers/landlord or locations.
For information regarding options for military housing in all areas go to website: http://www.militaryhomefront.dod.mil/portal/page/mhf/
Other referral sources:
* Apartment Guide - The Apartment Guide website provides users with an option to search for rental properties, e.g. apartments, condos, studios and lofts that are available in a particular location.
* Craigslist - Craigslist provides local classified and forums, which are community moderated and largely free. You are able to find jobs, housing, goods & services, local activities - just about anything you are looking for.
* Military By Owner - Military By Owner was launched to provide a comprehensive low cost means for military members and their families to advertise their homes for sale by owner or for rent near a military installation via the internet. This site has a wealth of information relative to the relocation of military members and their families.
* Apartments For Rent & Apartment List - Apartment seekers can use these sites as a viable option to conduct customized searches from thousands of apartment listings, property management companies and private property owners nationwide. ForRent.com and ApartmentList.com offers a wide variety of rental listings that will help you find the perfect home.
* HotPads - Personnel arriving in the Saint Louis Metro Area can conduct customized searches of HotPads for hundreds of thousands of available apartments, condos, duplexes, single family housing and/or townhouses to reside in.
* Zillow Rentals - is the largest rental marketplace, which offers consumers the proprietary Rent Zestimate® and a free suite of tools for rental professionals - property managers, rental agents and landlords - to help them manage and market their listings.