The Health, Safety & Work-Life Department provides Work-Life programs for the nits within the detachment's area of responsibility.
LT William R. Chew
Hours of Operation: 8:00 a.m. - 3:30 p.m. Monday to Friday
(Closed on Weekends and Federal Holidays)
* Family Advocacy Specialist (FAS), Mr. Richard Curtis, (314) 269-2318, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Program Overview: Family Advocacy Case Management (child domestic violence), Child Lures Training, which helps parents teach their children how to identify child lures, Coordinates action between military and civilian community services, Elder Abuse (financial and physical exploitation of the elderly), and education and prevention training on all aspects of abuse/sexual and spousal abuse.
* Health Promotion Manager (HPM), Mr. L. Dean Gingerich, (314) 269-2347, email@example.com
- Program Overview: Health risk assessments (unit or personal), cholesterol screenings, Physical Fitness Award Program, Health Promotion Coordinator training, provides wellness training, and Unit Wellness Program Consultation.
* Employee Assistance Program Coordinator (EAPC/SARC), Mr. Chris Hooper, (314) 269-2319, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Program Overview: Assist members and command with EAP and referrals to local service/counseling, Victim Advocate Program Coordinator, Suicide prevention info, training & referral, Workplace Violence/Threatening Behavior, Critical Incident Stress Management (CISM), Sexual Assault Advocacy Coordinator, Stress Management and Financial Counseling.
- Program Overview: Local housing/rental information, Local school information, Employment information (including spousal employment assistance), Career Planning, Retirement/Transition Seminars, and Mid-Career Planning.
* Family Resource Specialist (FRS), Mrs. Janice Conrad, (314) 269-2435, email@example.com
- Program Overview: Coast Guard Special Needs Program, In-Home Child Care Certification, Elder Care/Child care resources, Scholarship Programs, Coast Guard Adoption Reimbursement, Ombudsman Coordinator and Child Care Subsidy Program.