Skip Navigation


Security Levels

Military Identification Cards and CAC Cards

Front Desk: (202) 372-4266

The ID Card Section is located in room 1D19-00
Douglas A. Munro CGHQ

Hours of Operation are from 0730-1500

All IDs are done by appointment only.

The following can be done on a walk-in basis:

  • PIN reset

  • adding a newborn into DEERS

  • DD-1172s

  • To schedule an appointment, please read the instructions below and then click the link in the middle of the page

    Civilian, Contractor or Military CAC: CACs can be renewed within 60 days of expiration. Supporting documentation is needed for name changes, promotion or advancement.

    RETIRED and DEPENDENT IDS: Retired/Dependent IDs can be done at Douglas A. Munro CGHQ campus. However, sponsors must submit a Visitor Request for every person who will be coming to the appointment. That webpage can found here:

    Requests must be submitted 48 hours prior to your appointment and in the case of foreign nationals, 3 weeks prior.

    All guests must be escorted by their Sponsor.

    Customers who are more than 5 minutes late for a scheduled appointment may need to reschedule their appointment for a later time and/or date.

    Identification Required
    Two (2) forms of current Identification are required for ALL ID Cards.
    One (1) must be a photo ID.

    Below is a list of acceptable documents:

    List A


    List B


    List C

    Documents that establish both Identity and Employment Eligibility

    Documents that establish

    Documents that establish Employment Eligibility

    1. Unexpired US Passport

    1. Unexpired Driver's License or ID Card issued by a state or outlying possession of the United States. Provided it contains a photograph or information such as Name, Date of Birth, Gender, Height, Eye Color and Address.

    1. Social Security Card issued by the Social Security Administration (other than a card stating it is not valid for employment)

    2. Certificate of US Citizenship (Form N-560 or N-561)

    2. School ID Card with photograph

    2. Certification of Birth Abroad issued by the Department of State (Form FS-545 or Form DS-1350)

    3. Certificate of Naturalization (Form I-151 or I-551)

    3. Voter's registration card

    3. Original or Certified copy of a Birth Certificate issued by a State, Country, Municipal Authority or outlying possession of the United States bearing an official seal

    4. Unexpired Foreign Passport, with I-551 stamp or attached Form I-94 indicating unexpired employment authorization

    4. Unexpired U.S. Military Card or Draft record

    4. Native American Tribal document

    5. Permanent Resident Card or Alien Registration Receipt Card with photograph (Form I-151 or I-551)

    5. Unexpired Military dependent's ID card

    5. U.S. Citizen ID card (Form I-197)

    6. Unexpired Temporary Resident Card (Form I-688)

    6. U.S. Coast Guard Merchant Mariner Card

    6. ID Card for use of Resident Citizen of the United States (Form I-179

    7. Unexpired Employment Authorization Card (Form I-688A)

    7. Native American Tribal Document

    7. Unexpired Employment Authorization document issued by DHS (other than those listed under List A)

    8. Unexpired Re-Entry Permit (Form I-327)

    8. Unexpired Driver's License issued by a Canadian Government authority

    9. Unexpired Refugee Travel document (Form I-571)

    For Persons Under Age 18, who are UNABLE to present a document listed above:

    10. Unexpired Employment Authorization document issued by DHS that contains a photograph (Form I-688B)

    9. School record or report card

    10. Clinic, doctor or hospital record

    11. Day care or nursery school record

    To schedule an appointment, please click HERE

    As a reminder, ALL ID Cards (CAC and dependent) REQUIRE 2 forms of Identification listed above.

    Active Duty ID Cards

    • Is your ID Card looking old and damaged?
    • Is your ID Card expired?
    • Have you been promoted or Advanced?
    • Have you re-enlisted or have an extension due to begin?
    • Did you lose your card?

    If you answered YES to any of these questions, you need a new Active Duty ID Card.

    Please click on the following link to schedule an appointment. (WebLink)

    Dependent ID Cards

    Dependents and dependents of Retirees must have a DD-1172 signed by the sponsor or the sponsor must be present at the time the card is being issued.

    If you:

    • are a newlywed
    • have a newborn child
    • have adopted a child
    • or have a dependent over 21 and under the age of 23 still in college

    You will need to provide proper documentation: A marriage certificate, birth certificate, adoption papers or a letter from the school stating the student is in school full time including anticipated date of graduation.

    Remember to check the CGHQ DEERS site!

    Retired ID Cards

    Remember to check the CGHQ DEERS site!

    Download Plug-Ins: Some of the links on this page require a plug-in to view them. Links to the plug-ins are available below.
    Click Here to Download Adobe Acrobat Reader Adobe Acrobat Reader (PDF)
    Last Modified 1/12/2016