Skip Navigation


Security Levels

Relocation                                                 MHS Notice of Privacy Practices
About    Links    Resources    Services

Receiving Permanent Change of Station (PCS) orders to a new command is the first step towards moving. Your gaining unit provides unit and local information. The Transition Relocation Specialist, Ms. CJ Johnson, in Bldg 21 Room 126 is also a valuable resource. Housing is a primary factor when relocating to a new area.

We are here to make transition an easy and successful experience for you.

Your First Steps:

1.       Find Your Unit
Most units have either a USCG internet site or a CG Portal site or both.  Use the search block on the Coast Guard's main site to find your unit.  You need to be on the USCG network to search on the portal for your new unit.

2.       Contact the Housing Officer
Contact the Housing Officer that maintains responsibility for your new unit.  The Housing Office will explain what housing options are available to you, as well as guide you in your housing selection. Check out the Housing site.

The Base Alameda Housing Office handles administrative functions related to owned or leased housing for the San Francisco Bay area. Base Alameda manages 700 units at two sites: Alameda and Novato. Novato has Temporary Guest Housing. TRACEN Petaluma is responsible for permanent and student housing at TRACEN Petaluma.

3.       Use This Website
Browse the Relocation section and find out what you need to know, other services and resources.

Contact Information:

      Ms. CJ Johnson
Transition Relocation Specialist
(510) 437-5920

Last Modified 1/13/2016