Only applications for Official Red Passports can submitted for processing
for USCG members of Base Alameda. Please contact YN3 Jonathan M.
Perry at (510) 437-5371. Passport applications are by appointment only and you must have your application
pre-filled out, printed, and emailed to YN3
is temporarily processing WMSL Support passports until their vacancy is filled.
Dept of Defense passports are not done by the USCG.
Review the instructions and reasons for the different
applications. Select the application that best suits your circumstances. Fill
out the appropriate application. Do not print the application double sided, each
page must be a separate sheet.
In order to obtain an official passport please
complete the following:
- Visit the Foreign Foreign Clearance Guide at
(Accessible only via US Government computer) Check all travel
requirements for the country you are visiting (passport and a
visa). *A passport agent can check this for you if you do not have access to a US
- Fill out a Department of State application for a no-fee passport. Go to
www.travel.state.gov and click on the passports tab.
- If you have never held a U.S. passport in the last 15 years, or if your passport was issued under the age
of 16, fill out the
Application for a U.S. Passport, Form DS-11.
If you have held a U.S. passport in the last 15 years, fill out a
DS-82. Fill out the applications online and
print them at the final stage. *Do not worry about payment; the system will
allow you to follow all the way to the printing stage.
- Include (2) 2" x 2" color photographs; white background, high
quality photo paper, no uniform insignia, collared shirt. *Passport agent
will take pictures at no cost for USCG members.
- Include the appropriate form of identification. Current
Tourist Passport for renewal (DS-82
application). Certified original birth certificate or
naturalization certificate for new application(Application
for a U.S. Passport, Form DS-11) *Please see below
Completing a new OFFICIAL PASSPORT application
- This form must include a certified original birth certificate (no
photocopies), front and back of your scan of CAC
card, and appropriate photos (see photo
- The Passport Acceptance Agent will review your package for authenticity and administer you an oath affirming your U. S. citizenship, then seal the package and sign the seal.
- Passport Acceptance Agent will forward the application to
DCO-I for you.
- DO NOT sign or date your application until you are
in the presence of a Certified Passport Agent.
Certified U.S. Birth Certificate (must
meet all of the following requirements):
- Has embossed, impressed, or
multicolored seal of registrar
- Lists bearer's full name,
date of birth, and place of birth
- Issued by City, County, or
State of birth
- Has date filed with
registrar's office (must be within one year of
- Lists parent(s) full names
- Has registrar's signature
Current holder of a U.S. Passport
(Tourist or Official)
DS-82 U.S. Passport Renewals Application for Eligible Individuals
. You must meet the following:
- Current holder of a U.S. Passport (tourist or
- Passport was issued after you were 16
years of age or older and it was issued less than 15 years ago.
- Include the passport you are using for
citizenship documentation and appropriate photos (photo
information is in the next section).
Some of the links on this page require a plug-in to view them. Links to the plug-ins are available below.
Last Modified 8/14/2015