Base Alameda Area Housing Office
Personnel Services Department
Automated Housing Referral Network (AHRN)
Welcome to the San Francisco Bay Area! The Base Alameda Area Housing Office manages three
housing sites: Alameda, Concord, and Novato. The sites vary significantly in construction, size of units, amenities, proximity
to local shopping/schools and climate. Single members can choose from Alameda and Novato housing according to their duty station. Concord Housing is only available to members with dependents. For more detailed information, you can contact the serving Local Housing Office (contacts
). Supporting documents and references to help you manage your transition into
housing are provided in the links below. In the event that you need temporary housing to help you with your move-in or pack-out, Base Alameda maintains
MWR temporary lodging in Novato.
Members with dependents
• Government housing is available regardless of rank.
• A release from housing is no longer required in order to start your BAH entitlement.
E6 and above - single members
• Government housing is not available for single E6s and above.
• A release from housing is required before renting or purchasing a home/apartment in the community.
E-5/E-4 single members
• All single E-5 and E-4 members must request a release from government quarters. Members will not be granted/guaranteed a release unless the Barracks at Coast Guard Island are at 95% occupancy.
• Single members E-5/E-4 and below assigned afloat must submit their housing paperwork through their chain of command.
E3 single members
• At this time there are no plans to release single E-3 and below members with orders to ashore units. This excludes single E-3 members with orders to Air Station San Francisco, Station Golden Gate and Pacific Strike Team in Novato.
• Single members E-3 and below with orders to afloat units are not authorized BAH.
• Single members E-3 and below assigned afloat must submit their housing application through their chain of command.
• Single E-3 members with orders to the general Bay Area may send their housing application to: D11-DG-M-BaseAla-PersSupport-HousingAla@uscg.mil or via fax to 510-748-0652.
• Single E-3 members with orders to Station Golden Gate or the Pacific Strike Team may send their housing application to: D11-DG-M-BaseAla-PersSupport-HousingNovato@uscg.mil or via fax to 415-506-3131.
Documents needed for a release request
• Request for Release from Government Housing
• Signed orders
• Send via email to D11-DG-M-BaseAla-PersSupport- HousingAlaArea@uscg.mil or fax (510) 437-3948
Documents for applying for Government Quarters
• Application for Assignment to Military Housing
(CG Form 5267)
• Signed orders
• Dependency/BAH dependency Worksheet (married members only)
Where to send your application for Government Quarters:
Supporting Documents &References
- Looking to Rent or Buy?
- Visit the Automated Housing Referral Network at
www.AHRN.com to find
housing before you pack! Sponsored by the DoD, AHRN.com listings include
available community rentals, military housing, shared rentals, temporary lodging
and military for sale by owner (FSBO) listings. In AHRN.com, you will find a
variety of housing options to choose from. Listings include property
descriptions, pictures, maps, links to local schools, and contact information.
- If you would like to rent your home, sell your home for sale by owner, or are looking for another
service member as a roommate in your current home, you may post an ad free of charge on the site.
- Visit www.ahrn.com to start searching
or posting today!
- For a list of supported U. S. Coast Guard units