"We Keep 'Em Flying"
In 1939, the original property at Elizabeth City, NC was purchased by the Federal Government an subsequently became the Coast Guard central base on the east coast. The Coast Guard grew substantially during WWII and the concept of a centralized service facility became practical. A group of officers and enlisted men devoted 9 months to establishing the Aircraft Repair and Supply Base and it was commissioned as a headquarters’ unit on January 3, 1947.
On October 30, 2008, the Vice Commandant of the Coast Guard introduced the transformation of the former Aircraft Repair and Supply Center as The Aviation Logistics Center. That event marked the formal recognition of the implementation of the Coast Guard's first Mission Support Center and celebrated the attainment of a major milestone in the Commandant's Logistics Transformation initiative.