Rescue 21: Program Profile
Home > Programs > C4ISR > Rescue 21 > Program Profile
Rescue 21 enables the Coast Guard to execute its search and rescue missions with greater agility and efficiency.
- Improved information sharing and coordination with the Department of Homeland Security and federal, state and local first responders
- Geographic display to assist in identifying hoax callers, conserving valuable response resources
- Digital selective calling support, which allows mariners in distress with DSC-equipped radios to transmit, at the push of a button, their exact GPS position and vital vessel information to the Coast Guard and other DSC-equipped vessels
- Improved clarity, recording and playback capabilities for all communications
- Simultaneous monitoring and relaying of information over multiple radio frequencies
- Portable tower communications equipment for use during emergencies and natural disasters
- Automated transmission of urgent marine information broadcasts
Some of the links on this page require a plug-in to view them. Links to the plug-ins are available below.
Adobe Acrobat Reader (PDF)
Last Modified 2/2/2016