MH-60 Medium Range Recovery Helicopter: Program Profile
Home > Programs > Air > MRR > Program Profile
The MH-60T is an all-weather, medium-range helicopter, equipped for search and recovery missions.
- Number Planned: 42
- Length: 64 feet 10 inches
- Rotor Diameter: 53 feet 8 inches
- Height: 17 feet.
- Maximum Weight: 21,884 pounds
- Speed: 170 knots
- Range: 300 nautical miles
- Endurance: 6.5 hours
- Crew: four
- Common avionics architecture system of digital glass cockpit instruments similar to those installed on the Coast Guard’s fixed-wing aircraft
- Surface search radar and electro-optical/infrared sensors
- Engines standard with the Department of Defense’s H-60 fleet
- Five multifunction display screens
- Sensor and hoist cameras
- Integrated traffic collision avoidance system
- 7.62 mm machine gun for firing warning shots and a .50-caliber rifle for precise targeting, such as disabling engines on noncompliant go-fast vessels
- Identical mission system components with the Coast Guard’s upgraded MH-65D Short Range Recovery helicopter
- Discrete Segment 1: This segment will provide airborne use of force capability, as well as a Common Avionics Architecture System in the cockpit for fully integrated flight and mission management capabilities.
- Discrete Segment 2: The addition of an electro-optical/infrared sensor system during this segment will provide aircrews with enhanced capabilities to locate, identify and track surface targets day or night, critical for both search and rescue and law enforcement missions.
- Discrete Segment 3: This segment will upgrade the helicopters’ search radar sensor systems.
- Discrete Segment 4: Additional C4ISR capabilities and common operating picture connectivity will be incorporated during this segment.
Some of the links on this page require a plug-in to view them. Links to the plug-ins are available below.
Adobe Acrobat Reader (PDF)
Last Modified 8/9/2016