Research, Development, Test and Evaluation: Program Areas
Home > RDT&E
The RDT&E program is dedicated to maintaining a balanced portfolio of projects that supports the Coast Guard’s short, medium and long range requirements across all major missions. Programs fall under seven main program areas.
- Surface: The program focuses on the offensive and defensive security of our ports, vessels that operate within our ports, and the critical infrastructure within our ports that supports our nation’s economy
- Aviation: The program develops and maintains competencies in relevant test and evaluation methods, manned and unmanned aircraft technologies, sensor and avionics technologies, performance measurement, test data analysis and comprehensive analysis of technology solutions to performance gaps
- C4ISR: The program encompasses systems, procedures, and techniques used to collect and disseminate information to include information management, cyber-security, communications, sensor and sensing systems
- Acquisition Support and Analysis: The program provides operations research and analysis skills to address CG challenges. Acquisition Support comprises pre- and/or early-decisional support for acquisitions including Mission Analysis Reports, Acquisition Strategy/Business Case Analysis, Requirements Analysis, and Alternatives Analysis to name a few. In addition, the RDC ASA branch has subject matter expertise in Human Factors Engineering and Life Cycle Cost analysis.
- Environment and Waterways program provides technical expertise in the areas of search and rescue, pollution prevention and response, non-indigenous species, fisheries management, and the automatic information system
- Modeling and Simulation Center of Expertise program provides Coast Guard program managers and operational commanders with access to modeling and simulation analysis to meet life cycle and mission needs for Acquisition, Strategy, Operations and Tactics.
- Test and Evaluation program provides department, component, program and project level support for requirements verification planning and execution, from the development of Coast Guard guidance through the Major Systems Acquisition Manual to the deck-plate level execution of test procedures
Some of the links on this page require a plug-in to view them. Links to the plug-ins are available below.
Adobe Acrobat Reader (PDF)
Last Modified 5/14/2015