Office of Work-Life Programs (CG-111) -
Coast Guard Athleticism Program
Stretches - "The Bretzel" with Thoracic Rotation
Click the "play" button to begin the video.
If you are unable to access the video below, try viewing it in a
new window instead.
"The Bretzel" with Thoracic Rotational
- Lie on your right side
- Put the left knee on the floor higher than your hips and
stabilize with your right hand
- Grasp you right ankle with your left hand
- Rotate your left shoulder as far as possible to the
- Hold for 3-5 seconds
- Repeat for prescribed number of repetitions
- Perform stretch on the other side
Point of Contact
If you are unable to contact the Health Promotion Manager on your
Regional Work-Life Staff, or need additional
assistance beyond the information provided here, please contact the
Headquarters Health Promotions Program Manager, Tim Merrell at (202)
475-5146, fax (202) 475-5907, or email at
Some of the links on this page require a plug-in to view them. Links to the plug-ins are available below.
Windows Media Player
Last Modified 9/11/2014