U.S. Coast Guard
Operations Specialist Assignments
CWO Robert Swanson, Assignment Officer OS West
CWO Thomas Craig, Assignment Officer OS East
Assignment Officer's Hot Word:
From the OS Assignment Officers:
After four years as your Assignment Officer I will be departing this summer to MSST MIAMI on my new assignment. I will like to let everyone know that it has been my pleasure to have been your detailer. I have personally met or talk to most of you in my tenure as AO and everyone has been very professional and understanding in the assignment process. As I depart I am glad to see that both rates are heading in the right direction with the leadership of both RFMC and I strongly believe great things are yet to come.
Make sure your competencies are documented in Direct Access. It’s your career so take the initiative to look over your record. Remember to compete in every SWE you are eligible for and be ready to transfer if you advance. Do your best in your current assignment and be willing to step outside your comfort zone in selecting your next assignment, it may be your best. Continue to visit the RFMC and AO web pages to stay in tune for any last minute rate specific updates.
CWO Thomas Craig will be my replacement as the OS (East) AO. He is coming from OSC Martinsburg and will report onboard first week in August. CWO Robert Swanson has relieved me as the IS AO and will remain as the OS (West) AO and is available to answer any questions you may have.
Fair Winds and Following Seas
CWO Luis Amador
SPECIALIST (OS) SITREP ONE - ASSIGNMENT YEAR 2013
: ALCGENL 142/12
CGPSC-EPM-2 is soliciting OS1 and OS2 candidates to fill the following AY2013 vacancy:
|OS2||00016248||W.H. SIT ROOM - COMMS ASST||WASHINGTON DC|
Interested candidates need to refer to ALCGENL 216/12 for a complete description of duties, position requirements and application process. All interested personnel, regardless of tour completion date, who meet the requirements set forth in ALCGENL 216/12 are encouraged to submit an application package to PSC-EPM-2 (CWO3 Thomas J. Craig, OS East Assignment Officer), via their chain of command, to arrive NLT 22 OCT 2012. Report date will be OOA 01 FEB 2013.
POC: , OR CWO ROBERT SWANSON
ROBERT.K.SWANSON(AT)USCG.MIL (202) 493-1266.
OS AY13 PATROL FORCES SOUTHWEST ASIA (PATFORSWA) SOLICITATION
R 051108Z SEP 12
FM COMCOGARD PSC ARLINGTON VA
SUBJ: OS AY13 PATROL FORCES SOUTHWEST ASIA (PATFORSWA)
A. MILITARY ASSIGNMENTS AND AUTHORIZED ABSESCES, COMDTINST M1000.8(SERIES)
B. U.S. COAST GUARD LAW ENFORCEMENT COMPETENCY QUALIFICATION C. CG WEIGHT AND BODY FAT STANDARDS PROGRAM MANUAL, COMDTINST
1. As we continue to support the Coast Guard s long term mission in OP New Dawn, we are soliciting applicants for ashore and afloat assignments at Patrol Forces Southwest Asia (PATFORSWA). This message targets OS for one year PCS deployments to begin in the summer and winter of AY13.
2. This is a dependent restricted, non-isolated PCS assignment available for men and women. For added benefits, see our website below.
3. PATFORSWA positions are available at the following units:
(a) Assignment priority one: CGC Adak, CGC Aquidneck, CGC Baranof, CGC Maui, CGC Monomoy, CGC Wrangell
(b) Assignment priority two: PATFORSWA shore side support
4. Assignment criteria: applicants must be
(a) 18 years of age at deployment date.
(b) Tour complete in ay13 (not under orders).
(c) Must be suitable for overseas assignment in accordance with Chapter 1.H of REF a.
(d) A U.S. citizen.
(e) Possess a valid state driver license valid through the entire tour of duty.
(f) Priority one units mbrs must be eligible for a secret clearance or higher.
(g) Priority two units mbrs must have a current SSBI and eligible for a Top Secret/SCI clearance.
(h) Must meet OBLISERV requirements (15 months from report date).
(i) Must have completed task 1-01, physical fitness standards, of ref b, within 6 months of 01 Feb 13.
(j) Must meet Coast Guard weight standards IAW ref c.
(k) E-resume must include a command endorsement.
(Note 1): prior to arrival to pre-deployment training (PDT), members are expected to have a minimum of a current basic qualification with A personal defense weapon (PDW), and M-16 or M-4. This is required for all shoreside and cutter assignments. All E-7 and below shoreside assignments are designated as AT/PF watchstanders.
5. Position information:
(a) Members interested in applying for all afloat assignments should apply to the following position, which is listed under CGC Baranof Dept ID 000555:
Rate/Rank POSN number
(b) Members interested in ashore positions should apply for the following, which are listed under PATFORSWA dept id 007006:
Rate/Rank POSN Number
6. Assignment procedures:
(a) Interested members that are tour complete in AY13 should submit a command endorsed e-resume by COB 15 OCT 12.
(b) Members shall complete the overseas screening checklists IAW REF A.
(c) Members that are tour complete in AY13 and not selected will follow the OS Sitrep One(ALCGENL 142/12) assignment time lines.
(d) Members are required to produce upon arrival a CG-3029 proof of current basic or practical qualifications on a PDW, and M-16 or M-4. Practical qualifications on these weapons prior to arrival are encouraged but not required. Members will have the opportunity and be required to obtain practical qualifications during PDT.
7. Applicants should be aware that documented rated experience and qualifications may take precedence over assignment priority when making these assignments. Those who meet PATFORSWA assignment criteria and are not selected are encouraged to keep apprised of latest message traffic. Orig will notify selected members or their Commands on a case-by-case basis.
8. Command endorsement criteria: all PATFORSWA endorsements should Address the following:
(a) Verify that member meets all assignment criteria above.
(b) List members small arms qualifications and most recent certification date. If member has not qualified on a PDW, and M-16 or M-4, endorsement should address members potential to qualify prior to arrival to PDT.
(c) Summarize previous law enforcement or anti-terrorism/force protection experience and qualifications.
(d) Summarize shipboard experience/shipboard support experience within the last five years. (afloat applicants only)
(e) Backfill concerns: when addressing backfills for members not tour complete in AY13, commands should keep in mind that receiving an immediate backfill is not always possible. The commands backfill request will factor into the candidate selection process. Additional guidelines for command endorsements can be found at our website.
9. Training and PCS: all personnel selected for this duty will be required to complete PDT. Details are available on our website.
10. Epm PATFORSWA website: http://www.uscg.mil/psc/epm/PATFORSWA.asp
11. For assignment questions, please contact the OS assignment Officers: CWO3 Thomas Craig at thomas.j.craig(at)uscg.mil or (202)493-1267, or CWO3 Robert Swanson at robert.k.swanson(at)uscg.mil or (202)493-1266.
12. Command reps may contact LCDR Brad Kelly at brad.w.kelly(at)uscg.mil, or (202)493-1250.
13. Questions regarding the operational nature of this assignment should be addressed to SMTC Admin Detachment, PERS3 Marianne McCormack at marianne.mccormack(at)uscg.mil, or (757) 295-2234.
14. Internet release authorized.