Published Date: Thu, 06 Mar 2014 16:30:16 CST
Many SPOs have requested additional guidance on the policy for advance payment of Dislocation Allowance (DLA) due to the implementation of Mandatory Assignment to CONUS Coast Guard-Owned Housing this transfer season.
Per Coast Guard Housing Manual, COMDTINST M11101.13 (series), paragraph 3.B.2, members in receipt of permanent change of station (PCS) orders must submit an Application for Assignment to Military Housing, Form CG-5267, and a copy of their PCS orders to the housing officer at their new duty station. The housing officer will verify the application and dependent information and determine the member's eligibility and bedroom requirement for housing. A Status of Housing Availability, DD Form 1747, must be completed within five days of receiving the application in order to notify members of their control date and the estimated date of assignment. The comments section of the DD Form 1747 must include one of the following statements:
- Coast Guard owned family housing is available and assignment is mandatory;
- Coast Guard owned family housing is not available;
- Coast Guard UPH is available and assignment is mandatory;
- Coast Guard UPH is not available; or
- Released from mandatory assignment to government housing.
The housing assignment policy does not change anything about advance payment of DLA. The policy is:
- If a member with dependents will be entitled to DLA in connection with the PCS move, per the Joint Federal Travel Regulations (JFTR), Volume 1, Chapter 5, Part G., an advance of up to 80% of the DLA amount is authorized.
- If a member without dependents is released from mandatory assignment to government housing (The supporting document for the release is the DD-1747 as completed by the housing officer at the new PDS) and will be entitled to DLA in connection with the PCS move, per the Joint Federal Travel Regulations (JFTR), Volume 1, Chapter 5, Part G., an advance of up to 80% of the DLA amount is authorized.
The following resources are available for more information on DLA or housing policy:
Published Date: Mon, 03 Mar 2014 13:30:16 CST
The March issue of the PPC Travel e-Newsletter is now available.
In this issue:
- Top10 most common reasons why a travel claim is returned to the traveler
- WEB TPAX PCS Travel Advance Resources
- WEB TPAX PCS Advances
- Permanent Change of Station (PCS)
- Reimbursement for the Use of More than Two POCs
- Government Travel Charge Card (GTCC) Policies and PCS
- MAP/CAP 235-13(I) - CY 2104 Mileage Rate Changes
- Guidance and examples for Constructed Cost Computation worksheet
- Remember the Web based Unit Audit Reports?
- Fax numbers for PPC Travel
- Cancellation of Training Orders due to Inclement Weather
- Joint Federal Travel Regulations (JFTR) Monthly Changes
- SATO-GetThere Address Changing
Published Date: Mon, 03 Mar 2014 11:30:16 CST
SUBJ: TQC TRAINING ADVISORY 004-15: CANX OF ORDERS DUE TO INCLEMENT WEATHER
- COMDTINST M1500.10C, PERFORMANCE, EDUCATION AND TRAINING MANUAL
- JOINT FEDERAL TRAVEL REGULATIONS (JFTR), VOL 1 (MILITARY)
- Per Ref (a), if a member is in receipt of C school orders, but the member cannot travel due to inclement weather from their PDS, the unit shall send a CGMS to TQC for cancellation of orders.
- If a course is cancelled by a TRACEN due to inclement weather at the TRACEN site prior to a member arriving at the TRACEN, TQC will notify the unit of the course cancellation. If travel has already commenced and/or members are already onsite for training, members will be cancelled out of the course and sent back to their units at the earliest and safest opportunity. Units shall not order members to return to their unit without authorization from the TRACEN, as some courses can be rescheduled within a short window of the weather delay and will not require the member to execute another set of orders.
- Upon receipt of the CGMS message from a unit or guidance from a TRACEN of cancellation, TQC will cancel the orders via Direct Access.
Members should still complete a travel claim against the TONO for any travel costs incurred upon completion of travel. Members shall seek guidance from their command regarding travel related issues while TDY and from the SPO/AO regarding changes to orders due to weather for travel claim processing.
- If a unit has questions or concerns regarding TQC-generated orders or inclement weather procedures, please contact the appropriate scheduler. Assigned TQC schedulers can be found at http://www.uscg.mil/hq/tqc/TQC_phone_list.asp.
- Please disseminate to subordinate commands and all Servicing Personnel Offices.
- CG TQC POC: LCDR Amanda Ramassini, Commanding Officer, AMANDA.M.RAMASSINI@USCG.MIL.
- Internet release authorized.
Published Date: Mon, 03 Mar 2014 10:30:16 CST
Change 327 to the Joint Federal Travel Regulations (JFTR) is available on the Defense Travel Management Office (DTMO) web site.
This change includes all material and revisions written in the following Military Advisory Panel (MAP) or Civilian Advisory Panel (CAP) items:
- MAP 006-13(R)/CAP 005-13(R) -- Professional Books, Papers and Equipment. Redefines Professional Books, Papers, and Equipment (PBP&E) and limits the amount of PBP&E to a maximum net weight of 2,000 pounds with no authority to waive the limitation. This change is effective for all Permanent Change of Station (PCS) orders issued on or after 1 May 2014. Affects pars. U5310-C, U5310-L, U5335-E, and APP A1.
- MAP 232-13(E) -- Housing for Member in Non-Pay Status. Removes the authority to pay a housing allowance and CONUS COLA for a member in grades E-1 through E-4 (4 or fewer years' service) for dependents of a member in a non-pay status (AWOL, in pre-trial confinement in a foreign country or on excess leave status). That authority in law no longer exists. Affects pars. U8032 and U10422.
- MAP 001-14(I) -- Update References in Pars. U7175 and U7180. Updates references within pars. U7175 and U7180. Affects pars. U7175-A2c(1), U7175-B1b, U7175-E, U7175-F1, U7180-A, and U7180-C3b.
- Par. Reference Updates. Numerous par reference updates made to Ch 3 in this month's change. No UTD issued.
Published Date: Mon, 03 Mar 2014 10:30:16 CST
SUBJ: TRAVEL MANAGEMENT CENTER (SATO) ONLINE BOOKING ENGINE (GETTHERE) WEBSITE ADDRESS CHANGE
- On 7 Mar 14 the website for the GetThere application used for making on-line travel reservations with SATO will change from http://wcp.getthere.net/govcwt to http://wcp.gov.getthere.net/govcwt. During the period 5 Feb 14 to 8 March 14, both links will work.
However, during the period 08-21 Mar 14, the old link will redirect the user to the new link. This grace period will be provided until 21 March to allow users time to update their links and bookmarks to the new GetThere site.
- GetThere System Outages.
- Phase 1 website change implementation will begin on Friday 7 Mar 14 at 1900 CT and is expected to complete no later than 2330 CT. During this time, the GetThere site will be locked and not accessible.
- Phase 2 will begin Friday 21 Mar 14 at 1900 CT and complete no later than Saturday 22 Mar 14 at 0600 CT. During Phase 2 all government profile and booking data will be moved to the new GetThere government specific datastore. During the Phase 2 migration, users will be locked out of the booking engine. During the outage the maintenance window message will be displayed when attempting to access the booking engine.
- Complete information on this website address change and logging into the GetThere site are available at http://www.uscg.mil/psc/bops/govtrvl/default.asp and then selecting the "SATO" option at the top of the page. For navigational or log on assistance with GetThere, please call the CWTSato Travel Help Desk at 877-905-9647 or email them at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- TMC questions should be directed to Ms. Carlene Curry at e-mail Evelyn.C.Curry@uscg.mil or Mr. Matt Ruckert at e-mail Matthew.T.Ruckert@uscg.mil.
- RDML Dave Callahan, Commander, CG Personnel Service Center, sends.
- Internet Release Authorized.
Published Date: Tue, 04 Feb 2014 19:30:16 CST
Due to inclement weather, PPC will opening at 1000 hrs. (CST) on Tuesday, 5 February 2014. Submit customer inquires during this period via the web form at http://www.uscg.mil/ppc/ccb.
Published Date: Tue, 28 Jan 2014 13:30:01 CST
The January 2014 edition of the PPC Travel AO e-Newsletter provides information on new rules for policy constructed travel cost calculations. The Constructive Cost of GTR worksheet has been revised to reflect the new rules.
Recent change to JFTR: Constructed cost of GTR IAW JFTR change 320 dated 8/1/2013 - UTD/CTD for MAP 069-13(E)/CAP 061-13(E) - Constructed Transportation Costs effective 26 June 2013: GSA indicated that the constructed transportation cost for a traveler authorized a specific transportation mode is limited to ONLY the cost of the transportation (FTR Sec. 301-10.309).
When a member is authorized to travel on TDY using a Privately Owned Conveyance (POC) not to exceed (NTE) the cost of government procured transportation/GTR, the orders must state: "POC travel NTE the constructed cost of the GTR $XXX.XX;" with the actual dollar amount replacing the "X's". To calculate this amount, you must add together:
- the government airfare rate (You can lookup the contract carrier 'city pair rates' at http://cpsearch.fas.gsa.gov//)
- airfare service/booking (SATO) fees.
Note: See the TPAX Constructed Cost Tutorial to learn how to input your claim when travel via POC not to exceed the policy constructed cost is authorized.
Also see Guidance and examples for Constructed Cost Computation worksheet.
Published Date: Mon, 06 Jan 2014 13:30:01 CST
Effective 1 January 2014, the MALT (monetary allowance in lieu of transportation) rate per authorized POC (privately owned conveyance) is $0.235 (twenty three and one half cents) per mile. This rate is effective for all PCS travel that commences on or after 1 January 2014 (i.e., the initial travel is started).
TDY mileage rates changed on 01 January 2014. The new TDY rates are:
|$0.56|| - ||Automobile (if no GOV is available)|
|$0.235|| - ||POC use instead of a government furnished vehicle (if a GOV is available) when use of a government furnished vehicle is to the government's advantage.|
|$0.53|| - ||Motorcycle|
|$1.31|| - ||Airplane|
Current and previous PCS and TDY mileage rates are posted at http://www.defensetravel.dod.mil/site/otherratesMile.cfm.