How to submit an application using paper-based TA
Education Services Officer
Paper-based TA Process
- Member downloads and completes the Application for Coast Guard Tuition Assistance (CG-4147)
- Member emails the completed form to the ESO.
- ESO reviews and digitally signs the application.
- ESO opens a new TACCTS ticket for the TAG Division and attaches the application to the ticket.
- CG Institute receives the TACCTS ticket and processes the application for approval.
How to review and approve applications
- When you sign a TA application, you are certifying that you have reviewed the application for accuracy and completeness.
- Check the application to insure that:
- the applicant is eligible for tuition assistance
- the course(s) listed are offered by an accredited institution and is on the School Code Listing of college eligible for TA
- the applicant will earn college credit after completing the course(s)
- the applicant has provided you with documentation from the institution showing proof of enrollment, courses enrolled in and current tuition and fee costs
- no unauthorized fees are added into the cost (fees that are not authorized will not be included in the government or student share of the tuition assistance authorization
- The paper form contains detailed instructions on completion. In addition, check these common errors made of TA applications.
Some of the links on this page require a plug-in to view them. Links to the plug-ins are available below.
Adobe Acrobat Reader (PDF)
Last Modified 1/12/2016