Go to College
Active Duty Member
Find out what credit you've earned for military experience
- What is Joint Service Transcript
- The Joint Service Transcript is a joint military service transcript showing ACE credit recommendations for the Army, Coast Guard, Navy, and Marines. For the Coast Guard, the JST is available for active duty, reserve, civilian, spouses of active duty, and Auxiliary members. Spouses and Auxiliary members will have to request access through the Registrar’s Office (RO) to be added to the system.
- What is the difference between an Unofficial and Official Transcript?
- Once you log into the JST, you will be able to view your educational record. It is your opportunity to ensure it lists what you have accomplished in the military. For example, you may have taken a CLEP examination before the examination scores were automatically sent to the different branches of the service. By sending a copy of the score report, the examinations can be added to your record. Omissions can be corrected as instructed below. If you print a copy of your record, it will state unofficial at the top of each page and it will not include your social security number. On the other hand, if you request that a copy be sent to a college and designate a college to receive the transcript, the copy that the college will receive will say official at the top and will include your social security number. Both the official and unofficial copies will list the following items:
- Military Training history
- Rate history
- Military correspondence course history
- College credit examinations history
- Certification history
- How do I log into the JST?
- Click on this link to log into the JST web site where you can view your educational record. Active duty members, reservists, and civilians may use their CAC card to log into the JST. Spouses of active duty members, separatees, retirees or those who do not have a CAC card will have to registrar for a JST account at the JST web site. Before you log into the JST, it is recommended that you read the sections on “How to make updates or corrections to your JST Transcript” and “How to request an official transcript” as the two sections will guide you through the steps to see your record.
- Why do I need an official transcript?
- Colleges require an official transcript before they will award college credit for military advancement and training. Many colleges will not accept a copy from a student just to ensure the integrity of the courses. The transcript must come from the original source.
- What if I need information about other documents/transcripts? The most commonly requested information follows:
- Omissions on JST Transcript: Complete the Application for Correction to JST
Application for Correction Form CGI-1562.
- Documents to assist members:
- JST Frequently Asked Questions
Schedule an advising appointment with your ESO
- Your first step towards college should be an advising appointment with your Education Services Officer (ESO) to discuss your college goals.
- Full-time ESOs can provide a variety of advising assistance including:
- Interest Inventories to help you select a major.
- Additional information on selecting a college.
- Assistance on applying for a SOC agreement.
- Information on how to get study guides and schedule examinations for credit.
- Collateral and full-time ESOs can provide:
- Assistance with applying for Tuition Assistance or Grants.
- Assistance with applying for an unofficial or official transcript.
- If your unit has a collateral duty ESO, they can assist you in scheduling an advising appointment with the nearest full-time ESO.
Some of the links on this page require a plug-in to view them. Links to the plug-ins are available below.
Adobe Acrobat Reader (PDF)
Last Modified 5/11/2015