Skip Navigation

 

Security Levels



Susan, 1867


History:

The Susan was one of three 12-ton, two-masted half-deck luggers built for use as freight launches in the 8th Lighthouse District, the other two being the Sunrise and Sunset.  All three entered service in1867.

The Susan was sold in 1875. 


Sources:

Douglas Peterson.  United States Lighthouse Service Tenders, 1840-1939. Annapolis: Eastwind Publishing, 2000.


Last Modified 1/12/2016