St. Mary’s, 1801
A former name retained: a town in Georgia.
TYPE/RIG/CLASS: Galley with 2 Lateen sails
COMMISSIONED: To RCS Dec 1801
LENGTH: 52’ oa
The St. Mary was a galley of 1799 that was built by the Navy and was to have been operated by the War Department. She was built at St. Mary's, Georgia and was turned over to the Revenue Establishment in December, 1801, along with the galley Governor Williams.
No further record of her service is available.
Donald Canney. U.S. Coast Guard and Revenue Cutters, 1790-1935. Annapolis, MD: Naval Institute Press, 1995.
U.S. Coast Guard. Record of Movements: Vessels of the United States Coast Guard: 1790 - December 31, 1933. Washington, DC: U.S. Government Printing Office, 1934; 1989 (reprint).