ex-USSB tug Vallonia
A bluff on the southwest side of the Great Pee Dee River, exactly 52 miles upriver from the mouth of Sampit River at Georgetown and 24 miles above the ferry at present day Yauhannah, South Carolina.
The Saukee was a 869-ton steam-powered tug, built in 1920, that was acquired by the Coast Guard in October of 1921. She was stationed at Key West, Florida, by 8 December 1922 where she remained until her name was taken out of the Coast Guard Register in 1935.
Cutter History File. USCG Historian's Office, USCG HQ, Washington, D.C.
Donald Canney. U.S. Coast Guard and Revenue Cutters, 1790-1935. Annapolis, MD: Naval Institute Press, 1995.
U.S. Coast Guard. Record of Movements: Vessels of the United States Coast Guard: 1790 - December 31, 1933. Washington, DC: U.S. Government Printing Office, 1934; 1989 (reprint).