Ruby (J.S. Ruby), 1890


A former name retained.


Tender History:

The J.S. Ruby, a steam barge, was chartered for use in May of 1890.  She was used in the construction of fog signals and various repair duties in the 9th & 11th Lighthouse Districts on the Great Lakes.  She was released from her charter on 21 November 1890.  She was chartered again the next year, from June to November of 1891.


Sources:

Douglas Peterson.  United States Lighthouse Service Tenders, 1840-1939. Annapolis: Eastwind Publishing, 2000.


Download Plug-Ins
Download Plug-Ins: Some of the links on this page require a plug-in to view them. Links to the plug-ins are available below.
Click Here to Download Adobe Acrobat Reader Adobe Acrobat Reader (PDF)
Last Modified 1/26/2012