Franklin D. Roosevelt, 1944
Builder: Midland Barge Company, Midland, Pennsylvania
Displacement: 495 tons
Decommissioned: 3 October 1944
Disposition: Returned to owners
Machinery: 2 8-cylinder diesel engines
Performance & Endurance:
The Franklin D. Roosevelt was a powered barge, the ex-Huck Finn, that entered commercial service in 1933. She was designed as a towboat and was chartered by the Coast Guard in 1944 from the Inland Waterways Corporation for use as an ice-breaker on the Great Lakes. She was returned to her owners on 3 October 1944.
Cutter History File. USCG Historian's Office, USCG HQ, Washington, D.C.
Robert Scheina. U.S. Coast Guard Cutters & Craft of World War II. Annapolis, MD: Naval Institute Press, 1982.