A former name retained.
The Report was a revenue sloop that was constructed in Sag Harbor, New York for the Customs Service. She was 37 feet in length with a 12-foot beam. She began service in 1872. She transferred to the Revenue Cutter Service on 23 January 1874. On 15 January 1875 she sailed from New York in tow by the Revenue steamer Grant. She was stationed at Chincoteague on "Life-Saving Duty."
She was ordered to be "placed out of commission for present and crew discharged excepting one seaman." That order was "carried into effect" on 31 January 1887.
Donald Canney. U.S. Coast Guard and Revenue Cutters, 1790-1935. Annapolis, MD: Naval Institute Press, 1995.
U.S. Coast Guard. Record of Movements: Vessels of the United States Coast Guard: 1790 - December 31, 1933. Washington, DC: U.S. Government Printing Office, 1934; 1989 (reprint).