A former name retained.
The Ranger, a 77-ton schooner, was purchased in 1857 for use as a tender. She was assigned to the 2nd Lighthouse District. She collided with the tender Active in February of 1865 and was placed out of service and sold on 1 November of that year.
Douglas Peterson. United States Lighthouse Service Tenders, 1840-1939. Annapolis: Eastwind Publishing, 2000.