Chautauqua was named for Chautauqua Lake, New York.
Built: Milwaukee, WI
Machinery: Steam, 18" diameter x 24" stroke
Draft: 8' 9"
Displacement: 215 tons
Acquired: from US Navy on 26 November 1919
Complement: 1 officer, 9 men (1930)
Armament: 2 x 1-pdrs.
The vessels of this class of tugs were built for the Navy as part of the war effort and were completed after the end of hostilities.
At New York City until transferred to New London, CT in 1926. She was last in the Coast Guard Register in 1934.
Donald Canney. U.S. Coast Guard and Revenue Cutters, 1790-1935. Annapolis: Naval Institute Press, 1995.