Bluebell: A plant bearing bell-shaped, blue flowers.
Beam: 10' 10"
Draft: 4' 6"
Disposition: Transferred to the Department of the Interior, 1936
Machinery: 1 gasoline engine; 110 BHP; single screw
Performance & Endurance:
Complement: No regularly assigned crew
Bluebell was a shallow water harbor launch used as a buoy boat in the 16th Lighthouse District from at least 1922 to 1936. She was transferred to the Department of the Interior in 1936. They renamed her Institute II. She was sold in 1947 and was used as a fishing vessel with the name Bluebell.
Douglas Peterson. United States Lighthouse Service Tenders, 1840-1939. Annapolis: Eastwind Publishing, 2000.