ex-CGR-106; ex-Nedra B; Alacrity
Builder: Pusey & Jones Company, Wilmington, Delaware
Draft: 5' 6"
Displacement: 213 tons
Cost: $1 (acquisition); $2,390 (conversion)
Launched: 1910 (private)
Commissioned: 20 August 1942 (USCG)
Decommissioned: 25 November 1943
Disposition: Returned to owners
Machinery: 2 Winton gasoline engines; 175 SHP; twin propellers
Maximum Speed: 8.0 knots
Economic/Cruising Speed: ?
Blanchard was a steel-hulled yacht designed by Cox & Stevens. She was acquired from her owners to augment the coastal patrol during the U-boat blitz along the eastern seaboard in 1942. She was assigned to the Gulf Sea Frontier and served out of Key West, Florida. She conducted anti-submarine and escort of convoy patrols until she was decommissioned November, 1943.
Cutter History File. USCG Historian's Office, USCG HQ, Washington, D.C.
Robert Scheina. U.S. Coast Guard Cutters & Craft of World War II. Annapolis, MD: Naval Institute Press, 1982.