It is the goal of the USCG Historian's Office to provide accessibility to customers to allow for the duplication of images in the collection. The Historian's Office, however, cannot provide scans of images upon request as we do not have the staffing to fulfill such requests. Researchers are welcome to come to our office to conduct photo research and duplication. If that is not possible then duplication can be requested via the process below.
1. Customers must contact the USCG Historian's Office by email [click here] or by phone (202-372-4651) in order to receive photocopies of available images along with the appropriate order numbers. If emailing, be sure to provide your mailing address so the photocopies of the images can be forwarded to you.
Do not attempt to place an order without first contacting the Historian’s Office to receive order numbers. Your order cannot be fulfilled without them.
2. After receiving the numbered photocopies of images
from the Historian's Office, the customer can then place an order with the
form posted at:
3. Once the order is properly placed. The vendor will then contact the USCG Historian's Office. Images will be delivered to the vendor for processing on Wednesdays only. There are no rush orders, no exceptions. Bear this in mind if you are under any time constraints.
4. All fee schedules for processing, shipping costs, and schedule of delivery are set by the vendor. Any issues of cost should be taken up with the vendor. The USCG Historian's Office has no role in this process.
*You should be aware that the vendor’s fees are representative of photo duplication service fees for the Washington, DC area.
5. When the duplication order is completed, the vendor will ship the duplicated images to the customer according to the agreed method and schedule.
All inquiries regarding the duplication of images or the status of your order once placed should be directed to the vendor, not the USCG Historian's Office.
Naval Historical Foundation
- Photo Service
1306 Dahlgren Avenue, SE
Washington DC 20374-5055
Fax: (202) 889-3565
Phone:(202) 678-4431, ext 6
Toll Free Phone:(888) 880-0102, ext 6