District Eleven Prevention (dp)
When requesting publication in the Local
Notice to Mariners (LNM) Please provide the following information 14 days prior to start of
- Type of operation (i.e. dredging, diving operations, construction.)
- Location of operation including Latitude and Longitude and geographical
position if applicable.
- Duration of operation including start and completion dates. If these
dates change, the Coast Guard needs to be notified.
- Vessels involved in the operation.
- VHF-FM Radio Frequencies monitored by vessels on scene.
- Point of Contact and 24 hour phone number.
- Chart Number for the area of the operation.
Example of Published Local Notice to Mariners:
SOUTHERN CALIFORNIA- LONG BEACH- DIVING OPERATIONS- Divercorps Inc.
will be conducting diving operations from 14 January through 22 February
2007 in the vicinity of Queensway Bay, Long Beach. The M/V PRUDENT
MARINER will be on scene monitoring VHF-FM CH.-16. Mariners are
advised to use caution when transiting the area. For further comments
or details contact Joe Coastie at (555) 123-4567.
CHART 18751, LNM 02/07 dated 08 January 2007.
You can notify the Waterways (dpw) office by:
CG Eleventh District
Bldg. 50-2, CG Island
Alameda, CA 94501-5100
* When mailing, please allow additional time for delivery.