Foreign Military Sales Assets: Search and Rescue Optimal Planning System
Home > International Acquisition > FMS Assets
Search and Rescue Optimal Planning System (SAROPS) is a Monte Carlo-based software system used by the Coast Guard for maritime search planning. SAROPS uses thousands of simulated particles generated by user inputs in a graphical user interface. SAROPS was designed to effectively use higher resolution gridded environmental data to provide superior accuracy in search object drift.
- Handle multiple scenarios and search object types.
- Model pre-distress motion and hazards.
- Account for the affects of previous searches.
- Make requests and receive real-time data from an environmental data server.
- Manually input winds and currents information via a sketch tool using objective analysis techniques.
- Use the latest drift algorithms to project the drift of the survivors and craft.
- Automate search rescue unit allocation by maximizing probability of success.
- Generate search pattern summaries and search effectiveness reports.
- Export and import SAROPS case files.